Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is looking for Investment Managers in South Africa (Cape Town)
Are you looking for career growth perspective? Do you have a proven track record in emerging markets (preferably Private Equity/infrastructure themed and preferably in Africa).
Do you share our long term vision is to raise, deploy and manage funds for climate change mitigation and adaptation that will deliver a transformative role in one of the following sectors: renewable energy, water & oceans, sanitation, landscapes, sustainable cities.
We are an investment manager that has a mission to contribute towards mitigating and building resilience to climate change in areas most affected. We use blended finance structuring to attract public and private capital to invest in high-impact sectors in emerging economies. We believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive. We provide financing solutions for infrastructure developers in the renewable energy, water sanitation and ocean sectors, and our fund structures provide investments across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction and operational stages).
We are seeking Investment Managers to support our activities in Africa. The roles will be part of our African Transaction team which is responsible for growing CFM across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities. The role will be based in South Africa (Cape Town).
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Financial modelling - Development and interpretation of project finance models and appropriate analysis of various transactions under consideration
- Financial analysis, input and analysis of potential financing structures
- Preparation of investment proposals for the Investment Committee
- Implementation of due diligence work-streams
- Management of documentation processes including substantive input to the negotiation of key project documents (e.g. EPC/OM/Debt/SHA/etc.)
- Identification and escalation of any relevant transaction dynamics in order to achieve execution outcomes
- Production of reports for the Board and Investors
- Actively work with portfolio companies’ post-investment
- Liaising with management teams, and ensure that best financial and non-financial practices, including Environmental and Social Management Systems are implemented
- Research of power / energy market across the region
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance), preferably with previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector
- Proven ability to work across technical/financial and legal aspects of a transaction and work with various specialists internally and with government/shareholder/lender type stakeholders to provide transaction leadership
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (proficiency in French is not required but would be a distinguishing competency)
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Experience with working in Africa or other emerging markets is a plus
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of CFM
- Invests high levels of energy in work
- Flexible & dynamic – self-starter, results driven, ability to deal with change
- Highly organised and structured, logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities
- Excellence orientation (concern for high-quality work) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained
Are you interested in this role? In order to apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.