Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is looking for Investment Analyst, to be based in South Africa (Cape Town)
Are you looking for career growth perspective? Do you have a proven track record in emerging markets (preferably Private Equity/infrastructure themed and preferably in Africa).
Do you share our long term vision is to raise, deploy and manage funds for climate change mitigation and adaptation that will deliver a transformative role in one of the following sectors: renewable energy, water & oceans, sanitation, landscapes, sustainable cities.
We are an investment manager that has a mission to contribute towards mitigating and building resilience to climate change in areas most affected. We use blended finance structuring to attract public and private capital to invest in high-impact sectors in emerging economies. We believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive. We provide financing solutions for infrastructure developers in the renewable energy, water sanitation and ocean sectors, and our fund structures provide investments across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction and operational stages).
We are seeking Investment Analysts to support our activities in Africa. The roles will be part of our African Transaction team which is responsible for growing CFM across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing renewable energy opportunities. The role will be based in South Africa (Cape Town).
- Support transactors across all facets of deal activity and process life cycles
- Implement and Maintain the documentation management system including all relevant due diligence and project content
- Manage processes associated with compliance, governance and internal approvals such as KYC and anti-money laundering checks
- Knowledge manager for the Transaction database
- Preparation of project finance models and appropriate analysis as necessary
- Financial analysis of potential financing structures
- Preparation of investment proposals for the Investment Committee
- Implementation of due diligence work-streams
- Co-ordination of input required for reports for the Board and Investors
- Research of power / energy market across the region
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance)
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (proficiency in French is not required but would be a distinguishing competency)
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of CFM
- Invests high levels of energy in work
- Flexible & dynamic – self-starter, results driven, ability to deal with change
- Highly organised and structured, logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities
- Excellence orientation (concern for high-quality work) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained
Are you interested in this role? In order to apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.