The role reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Asset Company
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water and oceans, sustainable land use, and sustainable cities. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
CFM is seeking a Project Executive to join one of its asset companies that is 50% owned by Climate Investor One (fund managed by CFM) in Asia based in Singapore. The asset company is a C&I solar platform spread across South East Asia and India.
- Managing the contractual and operational relationship between the Asset Company (and the different Group companies) within which it operates.
- The executive will be the senior representative for Asset Company within the wider group companies. The Asset company holds the renewable assets (USD > 300 m), with development and operational services outsourced through service contracts.
- Principle management executive with overall responsibility of the asset company
- Coordination of board meetings supporting the board members with information and analysis
- Reporting on the financial performance of the overall asset company
- Manage asset cashflow requirements including construction drawdowns, debt service, supplier invoices and shareholder distributions
- Manage and optimise hedging strategy, including FX, interest rate and inflation exposures
- Analyse future hedging needs and work with lenders and hedging banks to roll-forward or cancel hedging as required.
- Develop strong working relationships with the shareholders, development company and project finance lender teams to ensure that assets meet their rights and obligations under the relevant finance documents
- Ensure best practice is implemented in terms of accounting, financial management, ESG, technical and reporting including the company secretarial mandate for all assets.
- Financial model and sensitivity analysis including Cash Flow value enhancement
- Management of contractors (commercial, technical and maintenance), management of the relationship with public authorities and other shareholders
Experience and Core competencies
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance) with previous experience in the Renewable Energy (preferred)
- Proven ability to work across technical/financial and legal aspects of a transaction and work with various specialists internally and with government/shareholder/lender type stakeholders to provide transaction leadership
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Commercial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial and legal principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management and leadership skills