Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers' Governance Team as a Governance Associate.
Climate Fund Manager’s (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water, sanitation, and oceans. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
We provide financing solutions across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction, and operational stages). With our offices in The Netherlands, South Africa, Singapore, and Latin America we believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive.
CFM is seeking a talented professional to join the Claremont, Western Cape, South Africa office to take responsibility for the Secretarial Services for CFM and the applicable funds, across our 4 regions.
- Governance Board and sub-committee management
- Manage the appointment, resignation and removal of Directors and sub-committee Members
- Prepare and file specific resolutions, ordinary resolutions, and Directors’ (round robin) resolutions
- Schedule meetings of the Governance Board and sub-committee, including preparing the agenda, meeting material and minutes
- Update Charters as required
- Maintain governance registers
- Corporate Secretarial support
- Execute and maintain all required official corporate filings according to applicable laws and regulations
- Draft resolutions, notices, proxy forms and agendas for meetings
- Maintain minute books (including record of resolutions etc.)
- Maintain all statutory registers and check quorum at meetings
- AML/KYC support
- Maintain KYC information for each CFM entity
- Prepare responses to AML/KYC requests on CFM entities
- Assist the KYC team with CFM KYC process
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good corporate governance and ongoing compliance with legislation.
- Creating new legal entities in Netherlands incl.
- Arranging approval of deed of Incorporation, resolutions
- Liaising with bank to open bank accounts
- Liaising with tax advisor to ensure VAT and other Tax registrations
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant degree, such as: BCom Hons, Business Science, LLB
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the financial services industry with exposure to a compliance environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Convey information clearly and concisely, demonstrates active listening
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
To apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.