Play an active part in creating a sustainable future by joining Climate Fund Managers' Asia team based in Singapore.
Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is a leading blended finance fund manager dedicated to securing a sustainable future by investing across global emerging markets. CFM has a long-term vision to structure cutting edge financing facilities around thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water, sanitation, and oceans. CFM is established as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa.
We provide financing solutions across the entire project lifecycle (development, construction, and operational stages). With our offices in The Netherlands, South Africa, Singapore, and Latin America we believe in a world where sustainable investing and profitability are not mutually exclusive.
The Senior Investment Manager will support the Asia Investments team in developing and executing infrastructure investment opportunities for climate change mitigation and adaptation. This role will report to the Head of Asia and will be based in Singapore and may require periodic travel to CFM regional offices as well as to projects within the CFM portfolio.
- Leadership and responsibility of key projects and/or platforms for the CFM managed funds
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Oversight of financial modelling/analytic analysis of various transactions under consideration
- Management of due diligence work-streams
- Presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee
- Management of overall transaction process, workstreams and timelines
- Management of documentation processes including substantive input to the negotiation of key project documents (e.g. EPC/OM/Debt/SHA/etc.)
- Actively work with portfolio companies’ post-investment.
- Liaising with management teams, and ensure that best financial and non-financial practices, including Environmental and Social Management Systems are implemented
- Coach a team of Junior Investment Managers and Analysts through the investment process
Qualifications & Experience
- Financial degree or equivalent
- 8 – 12 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance) with previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector
- Proven ability to work across technical/financial and legal aspects of a transaction and work with various specialists internally and with government/shareholder/lender type stakeholders to provide transaction leadership
- Strong financial modelling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project / process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (an ability to speak a 2nd Asian language would be an advantage)
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Experience with working in Asia or other emerging markets is a plus
To apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.