Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is looking for a dynamic individual to join the Debt & Restructuring Team, based in The Hague, The Netherlands in a management capacity.
The primary focus of this role, Debt & Restructuring Manager is to manage engagements /transactions /projects by defining the scope and executing them in compliance with policies and protocols. When required the role will be to lead the origination, and execution of Debt and Restructuring mandates across Latin America, Africa, and Asia in the context of an unlisted private debt vehicle
CFM was established in 2015 as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO based in the Netherlands and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa. Headquartered in The Netherlands, our offices span across the emerging markets we serve, located in Singapore, South Africa, and Colombia.
As one of the leading blended finance investment managers, our business is focused on responding to the climate crisis. We use blended finance structuring to attract public and private capital to invest in high-impact sectors in emerging markets aimed at addressing the thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water and oceans, sustainable land use, and sustainable cities.
- Analyse economic, market and sector data on emerging market infrastructure unlisted debt
- Financial analysis, review of financial statements and valuations in the context of credit risk.
- Carry out financial modelling, including analysing financial forecasts and scenario analysis
- Risk identification and analysis
- Production of written reports including the preparation of investment proposals for the Investment Committee
- Assisting in sourcing and negotiating debt finance transaction documents and key commercial terms.
- Assessing refinancing options
- Advising on optimal capital structures
- Assisting in structuring refinancing and restructuring existing debt facilities
- Manage stakeholders in the process including, lenders, and other transaction advisors
- Contribute to the greater CFM team with your technical and analytical skills and knowledge of debt restructuring
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent i.e., CA, ACCA, CFA
- 5 years plus within Private Equity, Investment Banking (M&A, Corporate Finance or Project Finance), Management Consulting, or similar (financial services)
- Experience within the sector of emerging market infrastructure debt
- Demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Display a high level of commercial acumen and an ability to capture key commercial and other terms in legal documentation.
- An effective communicator who can engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Technically advanced in full MS Office Suite
- Transactions experience will be advantageous
- A track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies will be ideal
- An extensive network of lenders and funders is preferred
- A passion for sustainable investing and emerging markets
To apply, please send us your updated resume together with a motivation letter.